This tutorial explains how to display Cookie Consent into a website that uses WordPress CMS (Content Management System) without using plugins.
Step 1: Create a Cookie Consent Notification Widget
- Open this website https://silktide.com/tools/cookie-consent/download
- Then in Choose theme select the theme of the notification display as you like. Afterwards, click Continue.
- Save the generated code in Copy the code.
Step 2: Website Integration
- Some WordPress themes provide Custom Code in Dashboard > Appearance > Customize. Paste the saved code in the Header section.
- If the theme does not provide Custom Code, you have to manually install it in Editor, Dashboard > Appearance > Editor. It is recommended to create Child Theme first (https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes). So that when the theme is updated, this widget is still saved.
- Find header.php file. Then paste the code before </head>. Afterwards, click Update File.
Done! Please check on your website, whether the notification already appears or not? Congratulations you have successfully installed a notification for Cookie Consent on your website.
Update: For more complete customization you can use this tool: https://cookieconsent.insites.com